Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Nervous?

I am so excited for Monday morning to come, even though I have to be at the airport at 3:30am, I won't be able to sleep anyway!  Many people have asked me, "Are you nervous?"  I confidently say I am not nervous, just ready and excited to go and serve the people of Haiti!  It might be surprising to hear, but I'm really not nervous.  Now, I'm sure I will get the jitters when arriving at the Port Au Prince airport, and some more along the way, but I think that is to be expected.  Our team has been encouraged throughout our preparation to go into this experience with an empty cup and allow God to fill it back up completely, and that is what I intend to do.  I am confident in God's direction in going on this trip, and I will continue to trust Him throughout the entire process. 

I continue to pray for this upcoming trip and so I thought I'd share a few prayer requests for our team as we continue to prepare ourselves for what lies ahead in Haiti...
      *  For our hearts to be open to what God has for us in Haiti.  That we would completely trust in Him and allow him to change our hearts forever.  That we would be bold in our service and not hesitant, that we would be God's hands and feet and show the love of Christ in all we do and say.
     *  For team unity.   That our team would come together with one heart and purpose (Philippians 2:2)
     *  For safety and good health while in Haiti.  Pray for God's protection over us.
     *  For God to break our hearts for what breaks His.

I look forward to having you along with me as I take this leap of faith!  I'll let you know how the packing goes...5 days and counting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment