Sunday, July 24, 2011

Final Thoughts Pre-Trip

I am so excited to share with you a few ways God has blessed me the last couple of days!  This weekend I had a packed schedule (of course) and I had a lot of fun, but much of the time my thoughts were consumed with things needing to get done for Haiti.  Now that I am packed and pretty much ready to go, I wanted to sit down and write some of my final thoughts before heading out tomorrow morning.

We had our commissioning service at Eagle Brook last night and I was touched by the prayer and support our team received.  We got a chance to pray together as a team and to share our prayer requests with the supporters that were able to attend. Some of our team's prayer requests included:  prayer for safety and protection, prayer for God to open our hearts and break our hearts for what breaks His, prayer that we would not hold back, but that we would allow ourselves to be challenged out of our comfort zone, and prayer for unity among our team and for the hearts of those we will encounter and serve.

When I got home from the meeting, I checked my email and received an email titled Haiti Theme Song.  I've attached the link for you to enjoy, as I was deeply moved when I watched it.  Seems these last couple days the tears have been flowing.  My heart aches for those we will be serving and I feel so unbelievably blessed to have this amazing opportunity to go be the Hands and Feet of Jesus to the least of these in Haiti.  I haven't even left home yet, but I am SO ready for Haiti :)

Haiti Theme Song

The Lord has filled us up and opened our hearts to Haiti.  We're ready to go :)

The blessings just kept coming this morning at church when we sang one of my absolute favorite praise songs called Take My Life....I was overwhelmed and touched by the words that I've sang so many times.  As the tears rolled down my cheeks freely, I cried out, "Here am I, all of me, Take my life, it's all for Thee."  This truly is my prayer, that I would break free of myself and all that I think I am, and allow Christ to fill me up, use me and open my eyes to see things the way He sees them.  That He would break my heart for what breaks his, and draw me closer to his side, so I can walk side by side with him in a new way and be changed forever.  Click on the link below to hear Take My Life, it's fantastic :)

Take My Life

I am ready and willing to be used in any capacity God sees fit, and I am so thankful for all your prayers and support!  I'll do my best to keep you updated everyday while in Haiti, so keep your eyes peeled for updates :) 

Blessings,

Alicia

1 comment:

  1. I would like to thank Ultimate Life Clinic for reversing my father's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). My father’s ALS condition was fast deteriorating before he started on the ALS Herbal medicine treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic. He was on the treatment for just 6 months and we never thought my father will recover so soon. He has gained some weight in the past months and he is able to walk with no support. You can reach them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com

    ReplyDelete