Friday, August 16, 2013

Joy

Yesterday I got to experience something brand new! We were able to take 46 children from Grace Village to a beautiful private beach and it was more amazing than words can describe. The pure joy the children had was wonderful to see. Some were apprehensive at first, but by the end of the day most of the children were all about being in the ocean.  We were able to bring Dickenson and Davidson with us as well, and it was so much fun watching them interact with the children from Grace Village.

A couple stories to share from the day. The first boy I brought into the ocean was Meme. He was really nervous at first and didn't want to go too deep. He had a life jacket on so I tried to encourage him to let me just hold his hands. It took some encouraging, but after jumping up and down, and turning all around with him, he finally allowed me to hold him while he floated on his back. By the end of our time together he was swimming all by himself with no fear whatsoever.

Mayk and Mayko were extremely apprehensive as well. It took me almost half the day to get them in the water. First, I took Mayko in, and he did great once he made it clear he didn't want to go too deep. He saw Meme swimming without a problem and that seemed to be enough to give him the courage to swim on his own. Mayk was similar except when I walked into the water he didn't even want me to put his feet in the water and kept squeezing me tighter while lifting his legs up higher. Once I got to just above my knees he said, "No! Ale la" while pointing back towards shore. It means no, go there so we were all good since I knew what he was saying. There was commotion closer to shore and he wanted me to take him over to investigate. I could've done without since it was a water snake they found! Yikes! Shortly after that Meme, Mayk and Mayko were splashing around in the shallow water with the biggest smiles bouncing on floaties and shooting one another with a water gun and radiating the joy they were blessed to experience.

It was awesome to take it all in. We were extremely tired after a long day in the sun full of fun. More on today's adventures soon, but for now it's off to bed.

Blessings,

Alicia


1 comment:

  1. I would like to thank Ultimate Life Clinic for reversing my father's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). My father’s ALS condition was fast deteriorating before he started on the ALS Herbal medicine treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic. He was on the treatment for just 6 months and we never thought my father will recover so soon. He has gained some weight in the past months and he is able to walk with no support. You can reach them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com

    ReplyDelete