Monday, July 28, 2014

Reunion

I cannot tell you how wonderful it is to be back in Haiti! As I write this, I am overwhelmed with thankfulness having this opportunity to be here to serve once again. I have said many times that Haiti has captured my heart, and both Travis and I felt it was a homecoming today when we arrived. My word of the day was reunion today, because we were reunited with many friends and people we have come to call family over the last few years. Upon exiting the airport we were welcomed with huge smiles and hugs from Brunet, Emmanuel and Maxim. After a quick catch up, and loading up the  tap tap with our luggage, we were on our way to the Guest House. The next scene was so wonderful I have tears just thinking about it...As we pulled up our street I spotted Dickenson waiting in the shade across from the guest house and I called out to him. He jumped up and sprinted to the tap tap, jumped on the back and grabbed my hand through the opening. Davidson was right on his heels and did the same. Both Travis and I shared our excitement with them about finally seeing them again and I told them we would be right out to see them.  After unloading our luggage, we got approval to step outside and have a proper greeting.  When we opened the gate, we had two bright beautiful smiles beaming at us and I have never been squeezed as hard as Dickenson squeezed me.  After what felt like a long time, I told him I wanted to see how much he had grown this past year and when I pulled back I noticed he was teary-eyed. My heart melted. These boys are so sweet, and we are so thankful to be able to be reunited with them for a few days this week.  Travis and I snapped a couple pics and then headed in to be with the team the rest of the night.

Our team is fantastic!  We have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know each other and look forward to a great week ahead of us.  During the short rain tonight, some of our team decided to make the balcony a slip and slide and enjoyed the refreshing rain.  I think we're going to have an amazing week!  It takes a long time to write blog posts because of the internet connection, and I am exhausted from our day of travel, so I'm out for tonight....Catch you up tomorrow.

Ke Bondye Beni' ou,

Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment