Sunday, August 11, 2013

Quick Prep for Trip #2

As I sit in my living room, preparing for another trip to Haiti, I realized I needed to finish up my recap of my trip a few weeks ago.  I cannot tell you how amazing our team was throughout the entire week.  God showed up in awesome ways and was shared with many Haitians in the way we loved them, laughed with them, cried with them, prayed with them and shared many smiles with them.  I gained 11 new family members on this trip and will forever remember the week we shared. 

One of those memories is from our day up at Grace Village.  We shared a faith lesson from James 1:2-4 which says, "Dear brothers and sisters, whenever trouble comes your way, let it be an opportunity for joy.  For when you faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow.  So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be strong in character and ready for anything."  Our team split in two groups and did a tie-dying activity outside and inside we did some more with the faith lesson.  We had the children draw a picture or write a story about a time when they faced difficulties and God brought them through it.  What happened next was amazing.  You could've heard a pin drop as the children buried their noses in their work and diligently told their stories.  After they finished their story, they brought it to Pastor Wesley who then translated it to the five of us in front of the child.  They were so proud to share their stories. 

We heard things like: 

When my Mom and Dad died I didn't have food to eat, and now God has given me Grace Village where I get to eat three meals a day. 

I didn't have money to go to school, but because of Healing Haiti and Grace Village I now get to go to school for free.

This special time with the children was definitely a highlight of my trip and I can't wait to see them in just a few days.  It is a bit surreal that I am going back to Haiti just two short weeks after this trip, but I am so thankful for the opportunity.  I get to share this experience with two of my very close friends, four of my athletes from Northwestern plus a few more amazing people as well.  What a blessing this week will be full of serving the people in Haiti and growing closer to God and to one another.

Ke Bondje Beni'ou,
(May God Bless You)

Alicia

1 comment:

  1. I would like to thank Ultimate Life Clinic for reversing my father's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). My father’s ALS condition was fast deteriorating before he started on the ALS Herbal medicine treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic. He was on the treatment for just 6 months and we never thought my father will recover so soon. He has gained some weight in the past months and he is able to walk with no support. You can reach them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com

    ReplyDelete