Sunday, June 12, 2011

Why Now?

I decided it was time to create a blog for my Mission Trip to Haiti.  I know many friends and family want to know about my experience and I am more than willing to share.  I am in the process of preparing for my trip, and in doing so I have already seen God's work in what I have experienced thus far.  As I stated in my blog description I am going to Haiti in obedience of a strong nudge I have felt from the Lord.  I have always wanted to go on a mission trip, but have never had the "time" to make it happen or just felt it wasn't the "right" time.  This January when sitting in Church one Sunday, Pastor Bob encouraged us that this was the year to take a step in our faith.  He said, "For some of you that may mean stepping up and volunteering, for some it may mean joining a small group, and for others it may mean you need to go on a mission trip."  My heart immediately started pounding and I knew this was the year.  I have been blessed to be part of our Kids Check-In team at the Blaine Eagle Brook campus, Travis and I are a part of a small group, so I knew my accelerated heart beat was in deed about the thought of going on a mission trip.  I didn't do much right away.  I prayed about it, mulled over it, thought about the reality of it actually happening, and then I took a bold step and asked Travis what he thought....I applied the following week and here I am now 43 days before heading to Haiti for eight days!

I am excited by all of the support and encouragement I have received up to this point and look forward to taking you along with me on my journey.  The journey has already begun, so buckle up...Here we go!

2 comments:

  1. i'm glad your writing a blog! i'm excited for you and can't wait to hear...and read...more about your experience

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to thank Ultimate Life Clinic for reversing my father's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). My father’s ALS condition was fast deteriorating before he started on the ALS Herbal medicine treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic. He was on the treatment for just 6 months and we never thought my father will recover so soon. He has gained some weight in the past months and he is able to walk with no support. You can reach them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com

    ReplyDelete