Thursday, June 30, 2011

Waiting

     Well, 25 days until I embark on the adventure of a life time.  With God at the forefront, many great things will be accomplished.  I am getting to the point where I just want to GO!  I find myself writing little lists here and there with things I still need to pick up when I'm out and a bout and thinking about packing and what I should bring or not bring.  (I have a month, but hey, I'm a planner!!)  This is such a new experience for me and I have been enjoying every minute of it thus far.  I am holding on to the thought that these next 25 days are days in which I can continue to prepare my heart for what God has in store for me and my team while we are in Haiti.  Studying God's Word and praying for Haiti and the people we will encounter while there, our team, safety and God's protection have been consuming me and my thoughts.  Praise God for my team and how great they are, I am really looking forward to going on this adventure with them, sharing an experience that no one else will be able to fully understand and also in getting to know them better. 
  
     "Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind.  Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others."  Philippians 2:1-4

      Praying my team will come together, unified, for one purpose and glorify God in all that we do while in Haiti and at home and that we will humble ourselves and look to others needs before our own throughout this experience.  Please pray for us as we continue to prepare our hearts for this experience.

Bondye Beni'ou (God Bless You)

2 comments:

  1. This is such a wonderful blog Alicia!!! I'm so excited to see what God has in store for us ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to thank Ultimate Life Clinic for reversing my father's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). My father’s ALS condition was fast deteriorating before he started on the ALS Herbal medicine treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic. He was on the treatment for just 6 months and we never thought my father will recover so soon. He has gained some weight in the past months and he is able to walk with no support. You can reach them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com

    ReplyDelete