Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Tools

As I prepare for my trip, I have been thinking a lot about how I can be best prepared for this unknown ahead.  Eagle Brook has given us a little book with some lessons that have seemed to help open my eyes to a few different things I hadn't thought about, I have been reading my Bible daily and am soaking up God's Word with new insight and perspective, and I am enjoying learning more about the Haitian people and their country.  I read different blogs, I check the Healing Haiti website almost daily to see if there is a new post on their blog and have read through all of their past blogs from people who have gone on this trip before me.  I am also attempting to learn a bit of Haitian Creole, their language, before I go so I can make better connections and be able to communicate with the Haitians better.  The website I am using to learn Haitian Creole is fun and Travis will walk through the living room while I'm doing a lesson and say the two words he has heard like he knows what is going on....Non-no and ak-and.....He's supportive of me, but enjoys messing with me as well :)  Owen, Lawson and Landon can count to three at this point in Creole and we're working towards counting to ten.  Fun times, I tell yah!

I am currently working on "My Story" which has been difficult for me.  I feel as though I have had so many life experiences where God has proven faithful and has shown me his unconditional love and forgiveness that I just don't know where to start.  I think I've started writing it at least ten different times, each time I scratch it and start over.  The goal is to have it be short and to the point so that I can share it with those I encounter while in Haiti.  I will share it with you when I am closer to feeling "right" about it.  I am praying God will open my eyes to what it is He wants me to share and am waiting on him to show me.  I would appreciate any prayer for me while I work on this.

Things on my Haiti prayer list these days:

*Our Team - "Then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind." Philippians 2:2  I pray we will be unified in the spirit and come together for the same purpose, allowing us to do God's work for His glory!

*Our Leaders - I pray for Rachel and Sarah who are our leaders from Eagle Brook and also thank God for equipping our team with amazing leaders who are strong women of God.  I pray for Jean, the man who we will be working closely with while in Haiti and Fan Fan our translator, that God would bless them and their work and that our time with them would be fruitful and full of work for God's Kingdom!

*Haiti - I pray for the country of Haiti, that a corner would be turned and their government would be free of corruption.  I pray for the economy, health, safety and well being of the Haitian people.  I pray God would bless the people of Haiti and draw them close to him.

My goal is to live out our team verse and live it out to the fullest.  1 Peter 4:11 "If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God. If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen"

Bondye Beni'ou (God Bless You)

1 comment:

  1. I would like to thank Ultimate Life Clinic for reversing my father's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). My father’s ALS condition was fast deteriorating before he started on the ALS Herbal medicine treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic. He was on the treatment for just 6 months and we never thought my father will recover so soon. He has gained some weight in the past months and he is able to walk with no support. You can reach them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com

    ReplyDelete