Thursday, July 28, 2016

Light Up

What an amazing day!  It was a day of firsts for both me and Travis. In the morning our team split up with ten going to the Home for Sick and Dying Babies and six of us going to Dare's, a special needs orphanage.  It worked out that Travis and I went to serve with my softball girls, which was a treat!
Softball Family
While we were at Dare's we played with bubbles, had an applesauce snack, sang and played with the kids.  Right away, I was drawn to a young boy who scooted into the room laying on his stomach.  I thought he would like to be held so he could see what was going on.  I held him for a bit, sang with him, and gave him lots of snuggles.  After I got the bubbles and the applesauce handed out, I noticed a little girl laying on a mat near the bench Travis was sitting on.  I went over and sat along side her and tried to see if she could make eye contact with me.  As I whispered close to her face, she lit up from the inside out.  Her mouth turned up into a smile and she stuck her toungue out a bit with happiness.  She loved it when I sang to her, and gently touched her face and arms.  It was wonderful being able to give her the attention, and she was so beautiful!

Travis had these two little ones and it was his mission to make them laugh...See the pic below to see how he did :)
It was a great morning of serving.  In the afternoon, we went to LaPherre's Orphanage and had a wonderful time with the children making a craft, playing with bubbles and chalk, sharing a snack and singing some songs together.  Here are some pics of our time at LaPherre:
We are having an amazing time.  This team is so much fun and they came with willing hearts to serve with everything they have.  More later...

Bondye Beni'ou
(God Bless You)

Travis and Alicia

1 comment:

  1. I would like to thank Ultimate Life Clinic for reversing my father's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). My father’s ALS condition was fast deteriorating before he started on the ALS Herbal medicine treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic. He was on the treatment for just 6 months and we never thought my father will recover so soon. He has gained some weight in the past months and he is able to walk with no support. You can reach them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com

    ReplyDelete