Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Preparing My Heart

As I gear up for my last informational team meeting that we have tonight, I am amazed at how quickly our trip is approaching.  I leave in less than two weeks and I am excited that Travis and I will get the opportunity to share this experience together.  We are leaving on July 21st and will return home July 29th.  At this point in the planning I am getting extremely excited about returning to Haiti to reunite with the people I have grown to love.  I am looking forward to serving in whatever way God has planned, and with the new role of co-leader, being stretched in new ways.  I read through my previous blogs and found tears well up in my eyes (surprise surprise, right?) as I was brought back to all I have experienced on my trips and the sweet moments I was able to capture in my writing that I will never forget. 

I cannot wait to get back to the country and people I love, it has been a whole year since I have been able to go and my heart is yearning to get back.  Travis was able to go in November, and is thrilled to have the opportunity to go back and experience a trip with me.  What a blessing it will be to serve alongside each other in this way.

Our team seeks to be the Hands and Feet of Jesus.  You might be thinking, "What does that mean?"  I think Matthew 25: 35-40 sums it up perfectly, so I will end with that.

"For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.  Then the righteous will answer him saying, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink?  And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?' And the King will answer them, 'Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me."
              Matthew 25:35-40

Bondye Beniou
(God Bless You)


1 comment:

  1. Praying for your trip - that God will meld your hearts as one for Haiti. XOXOX Aunt Patti

    ReplyDelete