Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Evening Adventure

Last night, Travis, Kevin and I were in the kitchen having a conversation when Travis said, "Woah," and a large spider crawled out into the open. Now, when I say large, I mean large enough for all conversation to stop and whisperings began about how to get the thing out of there without anyone else knowing what was going on. (First night, and we were JUST talking in our bedroom about spiders down here. I was asked if there were tarantulas here and I responded with the truth, that I had never seen one here at the guesthouse, but they have at Grace Village.) Based on that, we thought it best if the girls didn't know about our spider friend.

As it started to crawl under the table I jumped into action by grabbing a cup and I trapped it. Travis couldn't believe his eyes. Kevin ran out to get the largest broom I have ever seen, and I had to get the camera so we could capture the moment and show the team at the end of the week! I slid the cup along the floor to get it outside so Kevin could smash it, and as we got it outside, Venti, the security guard came over to see what all the commotion was. At this point, Venti slid a piece of paper under the cup and then walked with the spider over to the front gate. Elisa, our guesthouse coordinator was trying to explain to him that we wanted to kill the spider, and he just could not understand why. It was pretty funny.



I can't begin to explain how wonderful it is to experience this trip with Travis. We are only starting our second day, and I have already been so blessed to watch his interaction with our Haitian brothers and our teammates. We will get to cherish this experience forever!

The first night was full of laughs and quite the adventure, I can't wait to see what God has for us moving forward.

Blessings,

Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment