Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Church

This morning, we started out with in a bit of a rush. For some reason, all of our alarms reverted back to MN time, but luckily, Rita was up and came in to check on whether or not we were going. I went and told the guys and then we were all in a mad rush to get out of the house as quickly as possible so we didn't keep FanFan waiting. Jean was gracious enough to give us a ride and as we pulled out of the gate, Dickinson was ready to join us. We picked him up and headed to church.

I was pleasantly surprised to see the big tent was replaced with a permanent building! Just another representation of progress being made here. We were able to worship for an hour and I am so blown away by the purity and exuberance of the Haitians' faith. The constant hum of praises being lifted up with arms raised was amazing and I could have stayed there all day. Such a gift to experience church with Dickinson as well.

On our walk back to the guesthouse I was able to have a great conversation with Dickinson. He told me he wants to be an engineer and that he studies Biology, Physics, Math, English, and French. He will be in eighth grade this year which is the same as Davidson who is two years older. He said he started out the year in sixth grade, but the teacher told him he was too smart and had him test out of sixth grade. That is why it was such a big deal for him to pass his three exams! What an amazing young man! He told me he was going to miss me when I go back home, but I was able to tell him I would be back soon. He nodded and said, "Yes, August 12." So sweet!

More to come about our time at the Home for Sick and Dying in tonight's post.

We are relaxing before we head out for the afternoon. And I am enjoying listening to Emmanuel play the piano outside my window. Perfect!

Bondje Beni'ou
(God Bless You)

1 comment:

  1. I would like to thank Ultimate Life Clinic for reversing my father's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). My father’s ALS condition was fast deteriorating before he started on the ALS Herbal medicine treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic. He was on the treatment for just 6 months and we never thought my father will recover so soon. He has gained some weight in the past months and he is able to walk with no support. You can reach them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com

    ReplyDelete