Thursday, August 2, 2012

Pure Joy

Our stop at Gertrude's yesterday afternoon was extremely uplifting. When we first arrived we went inside to get all the children outside to play. We brought the wheelchairs out and began to go around and around and around and around in a circle with the wheelchairs and bikes. No kidding I got one of the best workouts I have ever had!!! I had the pleasure of reuniting with the boy I met last year when visiting Gertrude's and this year he was out of his wheelchair walking with my help!
 Truly Amazing!

Last year he was completely wheelchair bound and so I was AMAZED when he reached for my hands to walk him around. Oh, the joy in his smile lit up from the inside out. What a gift he is to me and he blessed me with his giddy smiles much of the afternoon. In the upstairs of Gertrude's is an Orphange with children who do not have special needs and I met four boys, Wilson, Jeffde, kolokay, and Edison. They were zooming around on their bikes in a circle around the truck that was parked there and I would wait for them on the opposite side and when they came around the corner I would act crazy like I was going to get them :) They would yell, "Aaaah, Alicia!!" and laugh and laugh, it was fantastic! We had a blast, but we were all exhausted by the end of the afternoon.

I am thoroughly enjoying being back in Haiti, and I am constantly being moved by the Holy Spirit in different moments throughout the day. God is moving in and through this team in a mighty way. To Him be all the Glory!

Ke Bondye Ben'iou,

Alicia

1 comment:

  1. I would like to thank Ultimate Life Clinic for reversing my father's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). My father’s ALS condition was fast deteriorating before he started on the ALS Herbal medicine treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic. He was on the treatment for just 6 months and we never thought my father will recover so soon. He has gained some weight in the past months and he is able to walk with no support. You can reach them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com

    ReplyDelete