Friday, August 3, 2012

Contentment

Another glorious day in Haiti! Today we spent a little time in the morning at the Home for the sick and dying. I spent the time there with a little boy who just wanted to be held. He was content just swaying in my arms. He fell asleep after awhile and I could feel his comfort in that slice of time I held him. He melted into my arms and slept peacefully, knowing he was being protected and loved with me. When he felt like a sack of potatoes I attempted to lay him down in his crib and the second his body made contact with the crib his eyes popped wide open, and he instantly began to cry this weak, whimpering cry. I scooped him up right away and felt so so so bad! I swayed with him again and he molded into my arms once again. I held that baby for the full time we were there and it felt like five minutes. I could've stayed there all day! What a joy it is to give the love of Christ to this precious child of God. As I laid him down into his crib, I prayed over him and he cried. As I continued to pray for him, he became more and more content with being in the crib again. Leaving was hard, but I know I will be back again tomorrow afternoon. Until then, sweet child!

1 comment:

  1. I would like to thank Ultimate Life Clinic for reversing my father's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). My father’s ALS condition was fast deteriorating before he started on the ALS Herbal medicine treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic. He was on the treatment for just 6 months and we never thought my father will recover so soon. He has gained some weight in the past months and he is able to walk with no support. You can reach them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com

    ReplyDelete